The project consists of improvements to the heating and cooling plants at the Hopewell Elementary School for the Hopewell Valley Regional School District.
The work consists of but is not limited to the following:
Heating Plant Improvements include:
• Demolition of the circa 2000 steam-based heating plant (boilers, condensate pumps, feed water equipment, steam piping and steam specialties).
• Demolition of the remaining portions of existing steam-based heating system outside of the Boiler Room.
• Demolition of the existing steam to heating hot water heat exchanger and circulation pumps that supply all other areas of the building.
• Demolition of existing domestic hot water heater.
• Installation of new gas fired, high efficiency heating hot water boilers circulating pumps, zone pumps, domestic hot water heat exchanger and specialties (expansion tanks, dirt/air separators, etc.)
• Flue gas outlet and combustion air intake piping.
• Tie-in between the new heating hot water plant, the existing hydronic heating system and the existing dual temperature heating/cooling system (which will be converted to a heating only application)
• Extension of the renovated heating hot water distribution system to service areas in original portion of school that currently have steam-based heating terminals.
• Controls will be through the existing campus-wide building management system.
Cooling Plant Improvements:
• Demolition of the circa 1995 cooling side of the dual temperature heating/cooling system (outdoor chiller, circulation pumps, piping and specialties).
• Installation of new outdoor air-cooled condensing units to provide direct expansion (DX) cooling for the Cafetorium, Gymnasium and Media Center (which were previously served by dual temperature air handlers).
• Controls through the existing campus-wide building management system.